Global learners are imparted with education aiming to prepare them for facing the competitiveness of the present times. The educational reforms of the 21st century not only aim to prepare students in various fields of education but also be designed in such a manner that leads to the all-round development of the human personality.
Aiming for an all-round development for students:
The all-round development of students essentially means moral, sensible, intellectual, physical and social development. Co-curricular activities are organised in many other educational institutions by educators trained in the diploma in school management course in India all over the globe, very well acknowledged as an essential part of studying and grooming students.
Extra-curricular activities help the students to discover themselves more in a specialized field. Every school makes it a point that co-curricular is part of learning. The positive effects that extracurricular activities have on students are behaviour, better grades, school completion, positive aspects to become successful adults, and a social aspect.
With a view to developing various facets of personality development and holistic growth of children, classroom teaching is supplemented with co-curricular activities. The out of class activities affect all domains of a student’s life such as cognitive, emotional, social, moral, cultural and aesthetic aspects.
Values earned through co-curricular activities:
Competitiveness, excellence, quality achievements, creativeness and enthusiasm are few of the values of extra-curricular activities that are imparted to learners across the globe by educators with the Education Management & Leadership Program in India. The participation in activities beyond the classroom gives students the opportunity to learn and develop new skills and abilities. Co-curricular activities play an important role in a student’s school life, as the social and emotional skills they often develop through these activities are linked to their interest in school.
Co-curricular activities give emphasise upon aesthetic as well as spiritual development, which are essential components of education. It nurtures student’s ability in co-operation and co-ordination and leads a student toward a leadership position. The activities provide exposure to personality and help in psychological and sociological transformation.
How co-curricular activities enhance the life of a student:
- The co-curricular activities are designed to meet the needs of the students and unleash their abilities and talents.
- These kinds of activities stimulate the interests of the students and provide equal opportunity for all to participate.
- These activities enhance the learning experience of the students and help in recognizing and developing their inner skills such as leadership qualities, creative or innovative skills.
- Co-curricular activities give the students a chance to be innovative and develop their creative skills with the help of the facilitator.
- These activities help the students in developing a richer learning experience by enabling their critical thinking skills and ways to solve a problem or answer a question.
- Co-curricular activities give students the opportunity to exercise their free space which gives them a chance to relax, refresh and mingle easily with others.
- These activities help in developing the grasping power of the learners and provide an opportunity to work in teams and develop team spirit in them.
- Most of the co-curricular activities encourage physical activity and get the students out their desks to try out new things in a practical way.